• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer not paying Disability Policy, but deducting from paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

polywompus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA state

My employer is deducting $$ from my paychecks for a disability policy with an insurance company (group policy).

Last month I received a letter from the insurance company saying that due to non-payment by my employer, they were canceling the policy and I would need to make a payment within 30 days in order not to lose the policy.

I made the payment. The company told me that they have repeatedly notified my employer about this. My employer has been delinquent on payments for about 5 months now.

When I told the person at my company who is in charge about this, they denied it and said they had been paying it.

I don't have any reason to think the insurance company is lying about this. My company has been having serious financial problems for quite a while and am aware of other payroll problems experienced by other employees.

I am not sure what to do to find out where the deductions from my paycheck went if they did not go to the insurance company.

Any ideas appreciated.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Contact the US DOL. If they cannot or will not help, contact the state insurance commission.

Either agency will do an investigation and determine if there are any irregularities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">