• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Offer Health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JAW

Oklahoma. I work for a small company that is now requiring employees to prove that they have health insurance through their spouse's employment, and if they don't have insurance through their spouse they are required to sign up for the health insurance offered. And if they don't want the insurance offered (most cannot afford it) they have then been instructed to turn in their resignation. Is this legal???

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How small is the company? It's entirely possible that the insurance company has written it into the contract that 100% of the employees, save any who have spousal coverage, will be covered under the plan. And yes, it is legal. A bit short-sighted in my view, but legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">