• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Requesting Incentive Pay Back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



GA -- I was severed from a company, received a severance package and my management incentive compensation for 2001. The company is now coming after me for 50% of the latter, stating that it was an overpayment. I have used the $ to support my faimily during a time of transition and view it as payment for a job well done. The company is calling it amistaken overpayment???


I'm a Northern Girl
You haven't given us remotely enough information to judge whether it was an overpayment or not. However, I will tell you that IF it was a legitimate overpayment, you do owe them the money back. You don't get to keep it just because they made an error.

You can talk to your state Wage and Hour division to determine if it actually was an error or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential