• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer took insurance money after policy was canceled.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dganton

In March of 2001, I was informed that our company health plan had been canceled as of January, 2001. However, money had been continued to be deducted from my paychecks from January until March - to the tune of around $500. My employer says that she will pay me back, but weekly, in the same manner as the money was taken out - not in one lump sum. Is this legal? I live and work in California. Is there a government agency in California I should contact regarding this issue?

Thanks,

Don

L

lawrat

Yup, EEOC or perhaps a great labor law attorney. Why? Because what your boss did may amount to embezzlement or theft. Your boss may owe interest on the money taken.

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">