• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer withholding 401K & PSP $

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RobertM

I was laid off from my prev employer on 17Mar00 and was told that my 401K and my portion of the companies Profit Sharing Plan money should be mailed to me at the end of April. It is now the middle of May and whenever I ask the company any questions about it I get the run around and can't seem to get a staight answer. Is it time for me to consult an Attorney?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

A

Attorney_Replogle

I would suggest that you write a letter (keep a copy!) to the pension plan administrator explaining the situation, the delay in the payout, etc. Give them time to respond (say 10 business days). Let them know that if the situation is not resolved within that time frame, that you will then take appropriate legal action. You can read more on pensions & benefits (in general) at freeadvice.com/law/5345us.htm.

You can also find an attorney to help you by going to attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">