• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment Agreement - need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rgsmani

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I joined a company as a permanent employee in June 2008 and signed a contract that I would not leave the company for 18 months and if I leave before, would compensate for the moving expenses the company paid on a prorate basis. When I signed the contract, the company was affiliated to a big group of companies and the contract was signed under the group name. Now the company is on its own and independent and no longer affiliated to the group. I have some personal problems and would like to quit my job. Will I still be accounted for paying the prorated moving expenses or is there any way of coming out as the contract was with the group and not the individual company. Would appreciate any clarifications with this regard.

mlane58

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I joined a company as a permanent employee in June 2008 and signed a contract that I would not leave the company for 18 months and if I leave before, would compensate for the moving expenses the company paid on a prorate basis. When I signed the contract, the company was affiliated to a big group of companies and the contract was signed under the group name. Now the company is on its own and independent and no longer affiliated to the group. I have some personal problems and would like to quit my job. Will I still be accounted for paying the prorated moving expenses or is there any way of coming out as the contract was with the group and not the individual company. Would appreciate any clarifications with this regard.
No one here can give any accurate advice as we can't read the contact and it's entire content. You need to see a local attorney well versed in contract and employment law for an accurate opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">