• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bojangles

I was fired for no reason at all from a position as a contractor and the company is trying to keep me from working anywhere. I would like some legal advise as to what my legal options are as to resolve this situation. They harassed me while I was working there. For example: nails were put in my car tires and my programming work was changed in an effort to get me fired, someone in front of me in a training class was unplugging my mouse and keyboard from the back of my computer (which renders the computer i.e., the mouse and/or keyboard unusable until the computer is rebooted). Someone else would submit two to three page print jobs (which were 28 megabytes in size) to the network printer in order to tie up the printer and prevent others from using the printer. Since my release they have tried to prevent me from working anywhere else.

A

Attorney_Replogle

I am not sure what to tell you. Your employment relationship was apparently as a contractor. So the employer had a right, unless otherwise provided in writing, to terminate that relationship at any time, with or without a reason.

As for the other stuff that happened during your employ, I am not sure what you want to do about that. You may want to get another opinion from an employment law attorney near you. You can find one at attorneypages.ccom

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">