• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment Life Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wwbb40

What is the name of your state? VA

I am going to retire from my job and want to know how I can get off the life policy that my employer took out on me where he is the beneficiary. He said he wants to keep paying the premium even after I retire, probably because of my age he thinks he might be able to collect soon.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

wwbb40 said:
What is the name of your state? VA

I am going to retire from my job and want to know how I can get off the life policy that my employer took out on me where he is the beneficiary. He said he wants to keep paying the premium even after I retire, probably because of my age he thinks he might be able to collect soon.

My response:

I'm failing to see, or understand, what it would matter to you when the worms, maggots, and bacteria are eating away at the flesh of your lifeless body?

Who cares, and why would you care, if someone has a policy on your life?

IAAL

W

wwbb40

Because my boss is an ******* and I don't want him profiting!

HomeGuru

IAAL, if this is some form of keyman insurance would not the policy be cancelled upon termination or retirement of the insured? If not, could not the insured terminate the policy either via a voluntary basis or by default of the terms and conditions of the policy ie. taking up chain smoking, joining a hang gliders club, participating in stock car races on the weekends etc.?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

HomeGuru said:
IAAL, if this is some form of keyman insurance would not the policy be cancelled upon termination or retirement of the insured? If not, could not the insured terminate the policy either via a voluntary basis or by default of the terms and conditions of the policy ie. taking up chain smoking, joining a hang gliders club, participating in stock car races on the weekends etc.?

==================================

My response:

If it were "key person" insurance, you'd be correct and the insurance company would want proof of employment and "key person" status at the time of death in order to pay the benefits of the insurance.

However, our writer never mentioned that this was the case.

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Keyman or not, it is rare for ANY kind of employment life insurance to remain in effect after the end of the employment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">