• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employment training

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tytpop

I started my job 2 years ago. The company put £1200 up front because the local Tec will pay back the fees when I pass. The company said if I left before this time I would have to give them back the monies although the money would still go to them after I have left. I didn't agree or disagree with this statement, but the company didn't get anything in writing or put anything in my contract regarding this. The company made me take holiday when I had to do training days also. I am now about to leave this company and I have yet to pass my final exams. I wondered how I stood legally with this matter. Could they hold onto my final wages when I leave?

A

Attorney_Replogle

Sorry that we really don't know the laws of our own home country anylonger. We are all Yanks practicing American law here. At least in California, the employer can't withhold your last paycheck. Rather, the employer's claim for tuition reimbursement will have to be pursued by them in small claims as a contract action. In your situation, since there was nothing signed by you and the employer, then his claim is one of a verbal contract.

Obviously for better advise you will want to speak with a solicitor or barrister near you. I hope this helps a bit.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">