• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Empolyer giving hard time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

biznas

What is the name of your state?NY
I was working with consulting firm on project. After project finshed, i started job with other employer. My previous employer is withholding my 6weeks pay, for which i hv worked. Where should i complain??? Organizations links, forms, if some one can hep me!
Thanks in advance.

biznas

Thanks Pattytx, But in this form it is mentioned that

"SECTION 190.7 OF THE NEW YORK STATE LABOR LAW EXCLUDES FROM WAGE PAYMENT COVERAGE THOSE PERSONS IN AN ADMINISTRATIVE, EXECUTIVE OR PROFESSIONAL CAPACITY WHOSE EARNINGS EXCEED §600 GROSS PER WEEK"

I was working as employee and having gross income above $600 as mentioned. Can i still use the same form?

Second question is that i now moved to New Jersey, Should i have to file it with the NY labour?

I appreciate response.

pattytx

You worked in NY and NY is the state that you will have to file your claim with. I never noticed that clause before, but I'm not sure it would prohibit you from filing. Call them and find out. Maybe we're misunderstanding the meaning. I find it very hard to believe that the state DOL would keep employees from filing claims for unpaid wages just because they made $600 a week or more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">