• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Encroachment on my land by neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Boxstarr

my neighbor had his land surveyed when he bought the house between us for an Airbnb. My house has been here since 1956 and Ai fought it from the original owner in 2009. My neighbor needed to build a drench so he took down my chain link fence about 30 ft and graded/bulldozed 3’/4’ of my land when I told him not to cut the ridge. Anyways I have a lawyer , he did 1000.00 worth if danagevro duvert the water coming uphill . The stakes that the surveyor put up at the back of his property are 7 inches from the fence. Is that my land the 8 inches that’s not fenced in? It goes up the fence it’s 4” in the middle. Is that mine too? He basically just encroached in my property vandalized , diverted flow of water, got away with it . Police wouldn’t do anything . Codes wouldn’t either . What do I do. ? Push the fence back, have an order not to build in that land. I bought my house before he bought his main house , than Airbnb , he’s very greedy and doesn’t care about ordinances or neighbors, just wants to make that money. I’m in Nashville, TN

quincy

I can't quite picture the property line or placement of the stakes and fence from your description. You could order a copy of the survey from the surveyor or have your own survey done of your property.

You can discuss with your lawyer what your legal options are. I know in your previous thread (linked to below) you said you wanted to avoid suing your new neighbor - but a lawsuit to recover the costs of damages to your property is still something you can consider.

Your previous thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/power-line.656499/

quincy

Boxstarr, you do not need to start additional threads on your property survey. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">