• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

endangering minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fuseer

What is the name of your state? Maryland

adult providing a barn for teens to "party" in. on his property next to his house, he knowingly allows them to bring alcohol and drugs onto property. my daughter was in a chugging game with vodka and ended up in intensive care unit with an alcohol blood level of .286!! 4 days ICU, 8 days mental health facility, next 4-6 days outpatient. husband took off a week of work and i have been on the phone with doctors and treatment centers and catholic charities for close to 60 hours. not to mention, can we make him pay for outward bound? just kidding. there is atleast a cival suit...right? he owns a construction company here in the community. many other parents are aware and don't approve of what he allows and has been that way for 2 years. daughter almost wasn't found in time....

ALawyer

This is not an insurance issue, BUT from what you say he is aiding and abettingcriminal activities and the local papers may get the DA or other prosecutors to act, assuming they are otherwise reluctant to do so. And yes, you should also have a civil claim.

F

Fuseer

thanks. although i've spoken with one of the district attorneys in my community, she informed me there was no criminal act since he was not the person who provided the alcohol, he was the "adult" who provided the place for these kids to drink. i just want him to learn a lesson, and unfortunately the only way that can happen is if i hit him in his wallet. i've spoken with a lawyer and he feels i do have a cival suit. thanks for your reply, i accidentally posted on the auto accident site, and someone replied my daughter was responsible and pretty much assumed she was a problem teen. right now, i feel all teens are problem teens. thanks again.

ALawyer

Try the news media.

DAs have very heavy case loads and often try to avoid taking new cases, particularly when they know they are likely to have to try them. In many jusrisdictions this would be knowingly facilitating illegal conduct and thus caught up as aiding and abetting. The newpapers and TV stations, often eagerly looking for news, may find this to be interesting, and if they do a story, it is AMAZING how quickly the DA would see this a a priority rather than a potential nusiance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">