• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

enforcement of parenting plan???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rolrandy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

How do you enforce a parenting plan with out involving courts and attys
I have had enough of the run around and havent seen my daughter in 6 months due to my ex brainwashing of her

Silverplum

I have had enough of the run around and havent seen my daughter in 6 months due to my ex brainwashing of her
You really can't enforce it without involving the courts, because your remedy is to file contempt. You can do that with or without an attorney.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
You really can't enforce it without involving the courts, because your remedy is to file contempt. You can do that with or without an attorney.
Of course, that is assuming the parenting plan is already a court order and not a signed piece of paper that has never seen the inside of a court room. :p

Gracie3787

You can file a contempt motion without an attorney.

You can find the forms and other info at Florida State Courts

rolrandy

Have files contempt papers and have a date set mid July
so I guess I just wait
my daughter just turned 17 id this visitation up to her or do I get a chance to undo moms brainwashing?

rolrandy

Have filed contempt papers and have a date set mid July
so I guess I just wait
my daughter just turned 17 id this visitation up to her or do I get a chance to undo moms brainwashing?

LdiJ

Have filed contempt papers and have a date set mid July
so I guess I just wait
Its going to depend on the judge. Its quite probable that the judge will simply find mom in contempt and force the child to continue visitation. However, I won't lie to you, due to her age there is a chance that the judge won't force her to visit.

rolrandy

That what I thought
I will just keep trying to make contact and hopefully in 2-3 years she will understand
in the mean time I will go to the contempt hearing

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">