• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

enforcing court orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in Ohio, in my divorce decree it states that during child visitations my former husband will no consume alchol 12 hours before or during visitations. I need to know the proper fastest way to enforce this order (it has taken 9 months just to get on the court docket to get my childrens child support arreages enforced) please help me.


Senior Member
My response:

First, report his intoxication to the police - - that his intoxication is endangering the child, and for them to come get him;

Second, get into court today and file for a Temporary Restraining Order (Order of Protection). You'll fill out the papers, get into court immediately, the judge will sign the Order, and you'll have the Order served on him - - to stay away;

Third, file an Order to Show Cause Re: Contempt of Court due to the order that he is violating. You'll be in and out of court in a few weeks.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential