• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enforcing summer visitation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TX

Ex made a HUGE stink about summer vacations being 45 days with him and refused to split it up at all even though this is son's first time spending that much time away from home. Lots of issues there, but not important to question -

OK - Dad requested son on the day school lets out - this Friday. He sent papers to me, courts, attorneys etc and I agreed. We had our paperwork changed that if dad doesn't pay support, (he is 15K in arrears, and I tired of spending the gas $ when there was no support) he drives full way to pick son up (250 miles) instead of meeting halfway. He hasn't paid support in over a month and has had an excuse every time to not take son for his EOW - even though I am willing to still meet him halfway as long is it is short term.

So - now it has been 6 weeks since he has seen son for EOW visits - still no support and he is supposed to have him for summer beginning Friday.

I made arrangments last month to attend a training class out of town next week for three days - non refundable $1800 plus hotel fees of $130.00 a night.

Dad won't answer email or call me back about if we are in fact meeting or if he is coming to pick son up on Friday or what?

What to do? I know I cannot obviously enforce visitation, but if I have to cancel this training class I am jeapordizing my job. (It is training for software that I will be administrating and training others on the following week). Not to mention the money I will be out of pocket....

I do not have a sitter that would be able to stay three days with my son. Is there anything anyone can think of that I can do to enforce anything?

Thanks for any help, if any can be had....

Last edited:

Zephyr

you will have to make some sort of day care arrangements, can your son go to a relative for those days if dad doesn't come pick him up?

Unfortunately, the only family nearby is my parents and they both work about an hour away. I suppose I should have had a plan B, but he was SO adament about getting him and made such a stink I didn't think he would cancel.

There are two other employees attending the training BECAUSE I am going, I will be training them on our previous software and they have already paid as well. Guess we are just SOL.

If I have to hire a nanny or something outrageous and bring my son with me out of town, or leave him at my parents with a nanny, is there anything I can do to file for him to cover the expenses? Far fetched and probably a dead end, but I am trying to plan ahead for whatever may happen.....

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
bonkers101 said:
Unfortunately, the only family nearby is my parents and they both work about an hour away. I suppose I should have had a plan B, but he was SO adament about getting him and made such a stink I didn't think he would cancel.

There are two other employees attending the training BECAUSE I am going, I will be training them on our previous software and they have already paid as well. Guess we are just SOL.

If I have to hire a nanny or something outrageous and bring my son with me out of town, or leave him at my parents with a nanny, is there anything I can do to file for him to cover the expenses? Far fetched and probably a dead end, but I am trying to plan ahead for whatever may happen.....
NOpe. YOu can't get money from dad. You can try but I dont see that flying. You as the parent should have made sure you had a backup plan.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Does he have a close friend whose parents you could approach? With maybe the offer of a reciprocal arrangement in due course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">