• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enhanced Life Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patc47

W
hat is the name of your state? Florida

I'm trying to figure out the best way for my children to avoid probate. I have a home which is homesteaded and 1 acre lot in another place. both are paid for. I wanted to set things up in the enhanced life estate. If I put my unmarried daughter on it can liens and judgments of hers be filed against my house? and if she gets married later what will her husband get if something happens to her? My son is already married and I really wanted to put both my son & daughter on the life estate. But what will happen if something happens to him? Will his wife get it? and again can liens and judgments be p
ut on my house that will have to be paid for if I die OR BEFORE?

Do You have any suggestions? Should I ever need medicaid I don't want my house & lot to keep me from getting help. Thanks in advance

H

Hillbilly Trash

patc47 said:
W
hat is the name of your state? Florida

I'm trying to figure out the best way for my children to avoid probate. I have a home which is homesteaded and 1 acre lot in another place. both are paid for. I wanted to set things up in the enhanced life estate. If I put my unmarried daughter on it can liens and judgments of hers be filed against my house? and if she gets married later what will her husband get if something happens to her? My son is already married and I really wanted to put both my son & daughter on the life estate. But what will happen if something happens to him? Will his wife get it? and again can liens and judgments be p
ut on my house that will have to be paid for if I die OR BEFORE?

Do You have any suggestions? Should I ever need medicaid I don't want my house & lot to keep me from getting help. Thanks in advance

When you were writing your post, did you actually believe that someone on the Internet was going to give you detailed Estate Planning advice, especially with such shoddy information from you?

nextwife

Hello, ---L. I'm glad you left the previous moniker behind.

Poster, see a Trust and Estate Attorney. Your home is at risk in a number of ways if you just deed it to your daughter. The scenarios you mentioned would indeed impact the property. So, gather up your papers and see an attorney who knows estate/RE law, and let him/her talk to you about options such as a trust..

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">