• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enough is Enough

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momincha

What is the name of your state? Tn
Went to court over contempt and modification of my ex H not paying child support. Seems the judge got confused, as ex H lies and states that the children want to live with him......for what seemed like a normal appearance, got twisted into a custody issues...??
Both teenagers (my children) have been into judges chambers 3 times, told him who they want to live with (me Mom) and now he is requesting it yet again.

How much is enough with this very elder judge?

How can I protect my children?
This affects my children just as any other child would be affected. Having to choose
again between their parents....?

Shouldn't once, twice, maybe three times be enough? Now, again, they will tell the judge the same thing.....
(and at the same time realize that their father does lie, even in a court of law, under oath)What is the name of your state?

moburkes

momincha said:
How much is enough with this very elder judge?

How can I protect my children?
This affects my children just as any other child would be affected. Having to choose
again between their parents....?

Shouldn't once, twice, maybe three times be enough? Now, again, they will tell the judge the same thing.....
What is the name of your state?
Ask the Judge, because he is the only one who knows the answer.

momincha

moburkes said:
Ask the Judge, because he is the only one who knows the answer.
It has taken me over 1- 1 1/2 years just to get in front of him this time.

NCP dad kept having case continuted...taking the advantage of NOT paying child support.
now, says such a thing and involving his children****************************......
Now, with his latest lie, he wont pay child support for another month**************
8K behind already:(

moburkes

momincha said:
It has taken me over 1- 1 1/2 years just to get in front of him this time.

NCP dad kept having case continuted...taking the advantage of NOT paying child support.
now, says such a thing and involving his children****************************......
Now, with his latest lie, he wont pay child support for another month**************
8K behind already:(
Honey, while I feel for you, this isn't a venting website. Your other thread went unanswered because that's all that you were doing-venting. If you have a legal question, please post it here. Thanks!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Basically, you would need to ask the judge to rule that he's filing frivolously and to sanction him for it. But, really... anyone has the right to file when they want to. Whether the motion has any merit is a different story.

Is it safe to assume you have no attorney? That may be money well spent.

momincha

Okay, How do I protect the children?

as contained in original message.

sorry to vent as some call it. i call it part of the process of survival
in our legal system and the situations we all find ourselves in.
our issues are all related.

BL

Have you ever reminded the Judge of the previous statements and outcomes .
Does the Court there keep records of proceedings you could obtain , that reflect and back up what you are stating .

If so, and you have proof , you could ask the filings to be found frivolous , Etc., as was suggested .

momincha

stealth2 said:
Basically, you would need to ask the judge to rule that he's filing frivolously and to sanction him for it. But, really... anyone has the right to file when they want to. Whether the motion has any merit is a different story.

Is it safe to assume you have no attorney? That may be money well spent.
I do have an attorney. Spent money. NCP Dad never even filed this petition for custody.
Unsure why judge would bring custody into the picture.

Suppose I just needed to know if the children can be protected by a motion to stop the repeated questioning by judge and father.

weenor

momincha said:
Okay, How do I protect the children?

as contained in original message.

sorry to vent as some call it. i call it part of the process of survival
in our legal system and the situations we all find ourselves in.
our issues are all related.
Get a lawyer

momincha

Blonde Lebinese said:
Have you ever reminded the Judge of the previous statements and outcomes .
Does the Court there keep records of proceedings you could obtain , that reflect and back up what you are stating .

If so, and you have proof , you could ask the filings to be found frivolous , Etc., as was suggested .
Our county does keep records. I have copie of all of them and every order. Suppose I will wait until elder judge retires in 60 days and try my luck with a new judge.

I have waited this long, I can wait until then

Thank you for your advice

staceychuck

What does your attorney say about all of this?

I am a little confused as to what is going on because if you are stating that he is 8k behind in child support and the hearing had nothing to do with custody in the first place, one would assume that something was brought in that started a custody issue. Surely your attorney has told you someting about what is going on because it sounds like you are as much confused about the whole thing as I am. Unless there is more to the story......

momincha

staceychuck said:
What does your attorney say about all of this?

I am a little confused as to what is going on because if you are stating that he is 8k behind in child support and the hearing had nothing to do with custody in the first place, one would assume that something was brought in that started a custody issue. Surely your attorney has told you someting about what is going on because it sounds like you are as much confused about the whole thing as I am. Unless there is more to the story......
Seems we are all confused. judge believed defendant over a reputable attorneys word.
Yes, it IS involved as all of our situations are.
I feel confident now after discussing with local office and clerks office. Subpeona's have been issued and all will be resolved. (proof of income and proof of his deception)

I was just concerned about my children and their rights... to say it once and be done. Instead of having to keep going back and say "i want to live with my mom" because the judge could not remember or read the file. old judge, wife left him, hates women, pro dad, and that is what i have dealing with.

i dont have a legal question, and i dont want to appear as if i am rambling.

Thank you.

ceara19

momincha said:
NCP Dad never even filed this petition for custody.
If he is bringing up issues that have nothing to do with the case at hand, your lawyer should be objecting on the grounds that the children's "wishes" (whether they are TRUE or not) are irrelevant to the case at hand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">