• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

entering investigation recomendation as a order???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beth_parr

What is the name of your state?MI

I have posted on here before but it's been a while some of you might remember me, if not i'll give a quick summary.

My husband has a son who is 5yrs old. He hasn't seen him since he was 6weeks old and then again for about 15 min when he was 18mo old. The mom left the state violationg the court order and wouldn't let him see there son. she kept moving around over 13 times in 5yrs and by the time we or the court would find her she would move again. she never showed up too any court hearings. and it's just been a big mess. This past summer we found out that his son was in foster care for a few months when he was 2yrs old because the mom left him and his 5month old brother alone in there apartment. And most recently he was in protective custody because mom was caught driving a stolen car with her kids in the back seat,( she has 3 by all different dads). Now that she was back in MI we started back up with going to court. she has been "strictly ordered not to remove the child from the state" and we just had the custody investigation done 2 weeks ago. Of course she didn't show up, they even sent her another notice and gave her more time and she still didn't respond. So now the report should be done in about 3 weeks. But it won't be made an order unless we file to make that happen. Only thing is we have no lawyer and we can't afford one we have no clue how to get in made into a order. we need to figure this out in the next few weeks. So if anyone has any idea on how to do this we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, beth

acmb05

Go to Legal aid

I am pretty sure they dont do custody cases in Michigan thru legal aid but they should be able to get you started on the paperwork.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">