• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Equal Opportunity Harasser Defense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingEagl3

No particular reason; I just didn't care for this employee. I won't say I'm stupid I just wasn't thinking that the employee recorded me. And I'm not a "troll" it's not like I used my work email address to sign up. The chance of anyone related to this matter seeing this is small(IMO).

Just Blue

No particular reason; I just didn't care for this employee. I won't say I'm stupid I just wasn't thinking that the employee recorded me. And I'm not a "troll" it's not like I used my work email address to sign up. The chance of anyone related to this matter seeing this is small(IMO).
Actually to do what you did really does make you stupid. You will likely be fired for cause, get no unemployment and have a very hard time getting a job. What you did was nasty, petty and illegal.

PayrollHRGuy

Thank you for the response.

I'm not perfect and I know it was wrong. Not sure why some forum members are being so harsh. I think it safe to say everyone has made poor choices before.

I just don't like the employee. He's claiming I made a hostile work environment for him because of his race.

I'm not the owner of the business; I'm just the supervisor. Just firing him without cause would look bad. So documentation is needed to make it look legit and for cause.

How do I prove that I treat other employees like that?
If anything you have written is true you are well and truly screwed. Once your employer finds out about your actions you should be terminated.

quincy

... Just firing him without cause would look bad. So documentation is needed to make it look legit and for cause.

Well ... if you want to prove you treat other employees the same way you have treated the employee you don’t like, you could create false claims of misconduct for all of the other employees, too. :rolleyes:

I suggest you look for new employment now as I see a firing in your future.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Thank you for the response.

I'm not perfect and I know it was wrong. Not sure why some forum members are being so harsh. I think it safe to say everyone has made poor choices before.

I just don't like the employee. He's claiming I made a hostile work environment for him because of his race.

I'm not the owner of the business; I'm just the supervisor. Just firing him without cause would look bad. So documentation is needed to make it look legit and for cause.

I'd say making up bogus "causes" looks even worse.

How does your employer feel about harassment lawsuits? Or negative publicity?

I would think that any employee would start recording their conversations with you after you pulled a stunt like writing them up for doing what you told them to. After all, they might think you're not just a jerk, but forgetful, or exhibiting symptoms of early onset dementia.

quincy

I'm an a$$ to everyone!
I am sure there are people who can legitimately make that claim ... but FlyingEagl3 probably should not rely on that excuse to help him keep his job. And it is a trait unlikely to help him secure another job. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">