• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Equine Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crosscreek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My question is on how to get my daughter's gelding returned from a family friend?
A friend picked up my daughter's Arabian gelding about 7 months ago with the intention of keeping him safe from being picked up by law enforcement at a property in which we were stabling him. Now the owner of the property did have 22 horses picked up in November of last year. Now we are trying to have our horse returned to us. The friend wants my daughter to sign a care agreement on our horse, Is this legal and does she have to sign something that concerns her horse.

las365

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My question is on how to get my daughter's gelding returned from a family friend?
A friend picked up my daughter's Arabian gelding about 7 months ago with the intention of keeping him safe from being picked up by law enforcement at a property in which we were stabling him. Now the owner of the property did have 22 horses picked up in November of last year. Now we are trying to have our horse returned to us. The friend wants my daughter to sign a care agreement on our horse, Is this legal and does she have to sign something that concerns her horse.
What is the name of your state?

I don't know whether you are in the beat forum section for your question. What does this have to do with commercial insurance?

Nonethless, here is what I hear:

You placed your daughter's horse at a stable where the horses were neglected so badly that they were seized by law enforcement. Your daughter was either so absent as to be unaware of the neglect, or she knew but didn't do anything about it. She didn't have the resources to get her horse out of there so you asked a friend to do that for her. The friend rescued the horse and has been caring for it for at least six months. Your friend wants your daughter to promise to take good care of the horse in the future.

Who owns the horse, you or your daughter?
What agreement did the owner make with the friend about the horse when the friend rescued it?
What condition was the horse in when the friend rescued it?
What condition is it in now?
How much has the owner of the horse paid in veterinary bills for the horse since the friend rescued it?
How much has the owner paid or reimbursed your friend for vet bills, boarding, feeding and care of the horse?

You can always get a horse trailer and go to the stable to get your horse. Take your proof of ownership and call the law if your friend refuses to let you take your property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">