• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Equipment accommadation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Katijean1206

Indiana
At my employer I noticed that some employees were utilizing stand up desks provided through the company. I inquired about it through my direct supervisor. She stated that I needed to obtain a doctor statement. I provided the statement. My supervisor Took the statement to two of her superiors who in turn took it to the HR representative. My supervisor forwarded me an email from the HR rep. The email stated that I needed a more specific statement from my doctor stating my restrictions due to back pain and then a discussion would be had with me to determine what accommodations can be made which may include a stand up desk. Is my employer legally obligated to prove that other employees with the desk went through the same requirements?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Of course not. You are not entitled to any information about their medical conditions or what their doctor's provided. Any more than they are entitled to information about you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">