• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?Florida
A friend has been diagnosed with a terminal disease which will require organ transplants...prognosis is very poor.
He is married and has a 6 year old son.
He has equity in a several investment properties in Florida.
Several are in his name alone... one was purchased before marriage.. the other was after. The other properties are in both names. H&W
He needs to see an attorney but I was wondering if anyone can give me some advise before he goes .
He would like to make sure that his equity transfers to his son.
I believe that if he dies the properties will have a stepped up basis? Good!
Also the equity in his primary homestead residence, will he be able to transfer equity there too.
Thanks for any help.
Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential