• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ER Billing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BillK

I was involved in an auto accident about a month ago in southern California. I was taken to local hospital emergengy room for treatment. I have auto insurance and group HMO medical insuranse. However, the hospital where I was taken to was not my HMO hospital (KAISER).The hospital is billing me for the ER treatment. I informed both hospital, Kaiser and my auto insuranse agent of the medical bill I've received, but no one took action.
Question : Who is supose to pay for my ER bills?
Can I ask the hospital to bill my auto insuranse,or kaiser ?

Can I demand the hospital stop harrassing with billing?

Can I file a complain against anyone?

Please help!!!!

L

lars coltrane

Here is your plan: since you were the one who recieved the care, you are ultimately responsible for the bill. BUT, you have insurance. So make sure to submit the bill to Kaiser and STAY on top of them to see that it gets paid in a timely manner.

Assuming that you had med pay, at the same time you are submitting the bill to Kaiser, you should submit the bill to your auto carrier and request that they send you a check for the amount of the bill. Once done, you will have the money for the bill.

Remember, you have to stay on top of this. The hospital will not go away and will send you to collection if the matter is not resolved. And you cannot file a complaint on this (at least not against the hospital). If I were you, I would be on Kaiser and my med pay until the bill is paid.

Finally, if you were injured in the accident, you should hire a lawyer to represent you so you don't have these nagging pain in the a** problems. Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">