• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ER waiting room

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

geneamper

Hello. Thank you in advance for your help. Here is my story. I had a pregnancy terminated and it was incomplete. I was told if I began bleeding profusely or was in a lot of pain to go to this particular hospital (specifically for women). One week later, I was bleeding very badly and it was getting worse. I also was in so much pain I could hardly move. I went to a clinic and they told me to go to a particular hospital. I did and found out the pregnancy termination was incomplete and I was in the process of miscarriage. He performed a treatment and told me that if I was still in pain or began bleeding more to come back to the ER. Two days later I was still in pain and bleeding horribly. I decided to call and they told me that this was not normal and come to the ER. I did and gave them my history and they took temp. and blood pressure (once.. remember im bleeding badly) and I waited.... and waited... and waited... and waited. When I asked the nurse when I would be seen she said 2 people are in front of me (every time I asked). My primary concern (besides the pain) was that I have a history of a bleeding disorder where my blood would not clot properly. I informed the doctor of this on my first visit. Although I have not had symptoms for years I know that it could come back at any time, and with the rate which I was bleeding I was frightened. I waited 2 and a half hours in pain and bleeding and the nurse told me others had been waiting 2 hours longer than I had. I was so upset and frustrated that I went home AMA. I was given a call from the hospital to apologize saying they didnt have enough doctors and she was sorry. I miscarried at home and am fine now. But, I went to the emergency room because I felt it was an emergency. I was scared and do not want this to happen to anyone else or possibly to me a second time. Do I have any recourse? Thank you so much, Genie. PS I am in Rhode Island

[This message has been edited by geneamper (edited August 16, 2000).]

D

dsut

Genie, contact the Rhode Island Attorney Generals office. Also get a lawyer. There is absolutely no reason for you to go through that. A miscarraige is traumatic enough, and to be treated as you were is inexcusable. My prayers will be with you.

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">