• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Erica, please unlock your thread.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PQN

Yep, leave that one locked, read the sticky and try again!

Barge - Dawn, how did the visit go?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ericade85
Junior Member Join Date: Dec 2009

Notification of serious illness

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

My name is Erica.. my husband and i have been married for almost 5 years and we have had quite an ordeal with his ex-wife.....
You don't have an ordeal with his ex wife. You have no rights to interact or talk to his ex wife.

but the thing is i want to know if we have grounds to bring any charges up on his ex wife...
You have no grounds to do anything. Charges? His exwife did NOT break the law.
i was on facebook this morning and found out by mistake that his youngest daughter sydney who is 5 almost 6 had a seizure this morning and did not notify us until i called her and asked if sydney was sick and she said uhhh no..why? and i said because i seen it on facebook
Why do you think this is YOUR business to call your husband's EX wife? You have NO RIGHT to contact her. NONE at all. Nor does the ex wife have to contact YOU about anything. She doesn't have to let you know a dang thing about HER child.
and then she hung up on me...
Good for her. I applaud her. She showed restraint.
we called our lawyer but he has not returned our call yet....
You have absolutely positively NO STANDING in this matter. If your husband is concerned then HE can speak to his ex wife about HIS child.

Back off. Butt out. Learn your place which is legally NOT INVOLVED IN THIS SITUATION.

I give it five minutes before you are on here saying how you are a superior mother and you love this little girl and the mom is horrible and you are a team with your husband and that I am being mean and horrible and cruel.

Yeah.

Isis1

You don't have an ordeal with his ex wife. You have no rights to interact or talk to his ex wife.

You have no grounds to do anything. Charges? His exwife did NOT break the law.

Why do you think this is YOUR business to call your husband's EX wife? You have NO RIGHT to contact her. NONE at all. Nor does the ex wife have to contact YOU about anything. She doesn't have to let you know a dang thing about HER child.

Good for her. I applaud her. She showed restraint.

You have absolutely positively NO STANDING in this matter. If your husband is concerned then HE can speak to his ex wife about HIS child.

Back off. Butt out. Learn your place which is legally NOT INVOLVED IN THIS SITUATION.

I give it five minutes before you are on here saying how you are a superior mother and you love this little girl and the mom is horrible and you are a team with your husband and that I am being mean and horrible and cruel.

Yeah.

my money is on 4 minutes.

Ericade85

you are right....i just love them so much and me and the ex have always gotten along and talked together about the children because it is unfortunate but my husband and her cannot talk without yelling at each other and we could talk as adults until i said something she did not like and all the sudden i was a b**** and it was none of my business but when i stood up for what i thought in a situation she did not like it....but you really are right i should stay out of it...it is just hard because i was the middle man for so long and it is just hard to set back and watch...:(

Isis1

you are right....i just love them so much and me and the ex have always gotten along and talked together about the children because it is unfortunate but my husband and her cannot talk without yelling at each other and we could talk as adults until i said something she did not like and all the sudden i was a b**** and it was none of my business but when i stood up for what i thought in a situation she did not like it....but you really are right i should stay out of it...it is just hard because i was the middle man for so long and it is just hard to set back and watch...:(

you really need to stop doing your husband's dirty work. you are enabling him. you are putting yourself in a position you shouldn't be in. look at it this way: you want your husband to treat his ex, exactly how you want to be treated should you be an ex one day. and that includes not sending his current bed buddy to speak to you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Okay it took 8 minutes for you to respond and it wasn't what I thought you would say.
you are right....
Definitely not expecting THAT.

i just love them so much
You are allowed to love them. No one is stopping you from loving them.

and me and the ex have always gotten along and talked together about the children
Well calling her and demanding to know if the child -- her child -- is sick is not a way to get along. Nor is wanting to know if you can press charges on her for not telling dad.

because it is unfortunate but my husband and her cannot talk without yelling at each other
Then they BOTH need to grow up. They both need to realize that they could get along long enough to create the children and therefore they made the decision to be parents TOGETHER when they decided to have sex and now they both have to grow up. Without you in the middle, they might be forced to do so.
and we could talk as adults until i said something she did not like and all the sudden i was a b**** and it was none of my business
She is entitled to that opinion and if what you said was about HER children, then it was none of your business.

but when i stood up for what i thought in a situation she did not like it....
YOu dont' seem to like her though and what she is doing. It takes two. Remember that. She cannot be horrible to you unless you participate.
but you really are right i should stay out of it...it is just hard because i was the middle man for so long and it is just hard to set back and watch...:(
It is NOT your concern though. Hubby needs to grow up. You put yourself in the middle when you called mom and demanded answers about Sydney. That was NONE of your business and YOU had NO RIGHT to do that. You put yourself in the middle -- you did that. Mom didn't. If your husband is concerned about HIS children then he will step up and be a dad and do what it takes.

padmelupin

look at it this way: you want your husband to treat his ex, exactly how you want to be treated should you be an ex one day. and that includes not sending his current bed buddy to speak to you.
That's funny. It's exactly how I got my DH to stop being a total jerk to his ex. It worked, too. They have a civil relationship and I'm (almost) never put in the middle.

Ericade85

true.....but she was always the one who said she wanted to deal with me because she hated him...but you are right...i didn't have kids with her so i should not put my nose in it....i am going to do like my mother said and let the two of them deal with the messy stuff and enjoy the kids while they yell at each other..:p They are wonderful kids and deserve the world....

Isis1

true.....but she was always the one who said she wanted to deal with me because she hated him...but you are right...i didn't have kids with her so i should not put my nose in it....i am going to do like my mother said and let the two of them deal with the messy stuff and enjoy the kids while they yell at each other..:p They are wonderful kids and deserve the world....
TADA!!

can we give this stepmom a newbie award for learned common sense?:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">