• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Escrow Commercial Lease Rent Payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

typetiques

Reference OHIO Law. I have 4 years left on a long term lease of commercial property – property is zoned commercial and our use of it is for light industrial and warehouse storage units. Our Lease Contract requires the Landland to maintain gravel driveways, electric, roofing, etc. The Landlord has neglected all his responsibility for that maintanence for over 18 months. We have given the proper written 30 days notice for each of these needed repairs. He makes repeated promises and nothing has been done. The notices we served were given with the intention to escrow the rent with the Court if the repairs were not made. Our local Municipal Court in Lebanon, OH, Warren County has forms to escrow rent but they cite grounds under Ohio Revised Code pertaining to residential tenants only. I can find nothing in an extensive search on the Internet for applicable law for escrowing commercial lease payments. Can you direct me to the proper Ohio Revised Code, common law, case citations, etc. that would allow us to escrow the rent? Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">