• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ESOP and stock price plummet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sjbriggs

I had a question about ESOP (employee stock ownership plans). I left a company 2.5 years ago that had an ESOP plan for retirement that they annually deposited company stock into. This was separate from our 401k. Shortly before I left the company, they instituted a policy stating that if you leave the company, you can only cash out or rollover 1/2 of your stock. You had to wait 3 years for the balance. During the 3 year wait, the stock has plummeted from $32 to $2.50 per share. Do I have any legal recourse?

V

vivek

Hi,
This is not in any way the reply to your query. Actually I have a query similar to your one posted on '16th FEB' by the user name "vivek". PLease have a look at that and see if you can answer that for me. I haven't received any replies for that , as yet.
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">