• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ESOP check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

special_inspect

(CA) I got a letter in the mail 30 days ago, it was from my old employer stating that i had a ESOP return of 4K. I called to verify the amount and give them my new addy. A month passed and after many phone calls unanswered. I finally got a email responce from the person that sent the letter. Well the amount had some how changed from 4K down to $500.00.. I was so upset that the amount was not what was promised. Is there and legal action that i can take in this matter?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What exactly is that suppose to do and what shall i expect from them if i even do gt a reply?
Ok - here it is

You feel somebody owes you $4,000
They feel they owe you $500

You would like to find out how they arrived at their figure. You ask them for a listing of transactions (an accounting) that shows how they arrived at their figure.

Easy peasy!

special_inspect

Well i have emailed my old employer and asked for the accounting paperwork. I have not gotten a reply or anything as of yet. I'm sure that they are not gonna jump on this matter. How long should i wait before i can do anything if i can do anything..?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">