• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

establishing paternity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

terrificteesh said:
What is the name of your state? new york what if i refuse to establish paternity,can he make me?
Well, you can refused to allow him to sign the affidavit of paternity at the hospital, but he can then file in court to establish paternity via a DNA test.

If you are on any kind of state aid (ie medical) then the state will force you to establish paternity.

Just remember that if paternity isn't established then you cannot get child support from him.

terrificteesh

hes not a nice person

New york child support means this monster can be arround the baby? that scares the hell out of me i would just rather he evaporate than have a pop in loser father.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
terrificteesh said:
New york child support means this monster can be arround the baby? that scares the hell out of me i would just rather he evaporate than have a pop in loser father.
Well, it's a little late to be making that decision. The time to have done so would have been 28+ weeks ago, hon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">