• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate atty not giving me my inheritance!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gettingrippedoff

Go. Hire. An. Attorney.
SHUT UP SISSY GIRLYMAN! YOU'VE BEEN FLUSHED!!!

IT'S FUNNY - YOU HAVE TO HIRE ONE CROOKED GUY TO KEEP THE FIRST CROOKED GUY IN CHECK! no wonder people view attys as lower than whale doo doo! Most corrupt profession of all! Well - ok - second - to the mafia!

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
That sounds like a plan - that way I'll have to wait ANOTHER 8 months!
So what else do you think you can do here that would be faster? If you sue, that may take months or years to reach a final resolution. But suing is the only way to force the distribution. I get that you want your money and you want it now. I can't say that I blame you for wanting that. But what you want and what you can actually make happen may be two very different things. You have a legal problem, one that requires reading through the relevant documents, determining all the facts, and then figuring out what to do about it, and an attorney you hire is the best way to go about doing that. If you're going to sue to compel the distribution, then you'll need someone who knows how to litigate this stuff to help you. People who don't have that knowledge and try to sue on their own usually do not fare very well.

I get that you are ticked off about the whole situation. But being ticked off isn't going to get you anywhere. Yes, it sucks that you might need to get an attorney and that you might have to sue to get what you want. No one is thrilled about having to do that and having to spend the money it takes to do it. But that's life. The Rolling Stones said it well:

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You just might find
You get what you need

BuyLowSellHigh

It sounds like the issue is that your brother doesn't want to either spend the time or be responsible for how the paperwork is completed. Would he be willing to sign the paperwork if you filled it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">