• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ethics refresher course

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lorynsmom06

Good morning from Texas,
I'm simply writing this to remind you highly educated individuals, answering these sometimes complex questions, to be nice. Ive been to this site many time and actually asked a question years ago pertaining to the incarceration of my husband(Bill)...we were out of town working(construction) Bill and coworker Bob(who joined the team 2 hours prior) took Bob's truck Home Depot for supplies, we had no vehicle so we depended on coworkers to drive us until our truck was being fixed. Long story short, Bob was riding dirty, both arrested for drug possession. I was stranded 2 hours from home, no money and only 2 nite stay at motel and scared to death(I've led a very sheltered and quite life up to that day)
I got online and starting asking questions about his arrest, I had a Lawyer tell me, "You can't tell me your husband didn't know his friend had drugs in the truck"? I told him to re-read my post, he just met the guy...I was in tears and confused and he just continued to call me a liar and argue with me.
I continue to visit this site now and again and read questions, that of course are stupid, idiotic, should have used common sense but that's not for you to judge...you people help legally your here and sometimes the first legal contact to us desperate, scared and confused under educated people to ask our questions hoping you have the miracle answer. I read about a guy admitting his mistakes regarding minor misdemeanors and traffic citations only to have some attorneys patronize him for one of the citations...I mean this guy was willing to go sit in jail do his time get it taken care of move on with his life only to have some snobby legal butthole knock him right off the top of his responsibility horse...shame on you...PLEASE JUST BE NICE...YOU DON'T KNOW OUR STORY.

LdiJ

Good morning from Texas,
I'm simply writing this to remind you highly educated individuals, answering these sometimes complex questions, to be nice. Ive been to this site many time and actually asked a question years ago pertaining to the incarceration of my husband(Bill)...we were out of town working(construction) Bill and coworker Bob(who joined the team 2 hours prior) took Bob's truck Home Depot for supplies, we had no vehicle so we depended on coworkers to drive us until our truck was being fixed. Long story short, Bob was riding dirty, both arrested for drug possession. I was stranded 2 hours from home, no money and only 2 nite stay at motel and scared to death(I've led a very sheltered and quite life up to that day)
I got online and starting asking questions about his arrest, I had a Lawyer tell me, "You can't tell me your husband didn't know his friend had drugs in the truck"? I told him to re-read my post, he just met the guy...I was in tears and confused and he just continued to call me a liar and argue with me.
I continue to visit this site now and again and read questions, that of course are stupid, idiotic, should have used common sense but that's not for you to judge...you people help legally your here and sometimes the first legal contact to us desperate, scared and confused under educated people to ask our questions hoping you have the miracle answer. I read about a guy admitting his mistakes regarding minor misdemeanors and traffic citations only to have some attorneys patronize him for one of the citations...I mean this guy was willing to go sit in jail do his time get it taken care of move on with his life only to have some snobby legal butthole knock him right off the top of his responsibility horse...shame on you...PLEASE JUST BE NICE...YOU DON'T KNOW OUR STORY.
I do admit that many here (maybe all of us at one point or another) tend to get a lot harsher or flippant with posters than they need to be. Its easy to show someone in hindsight where they went wrong. Its much more difficult to avoid mistakes when they are happening.

quincy

Good morning from Texas,
Although the point of your post is understood - and I agree that everyone benefits from being nice to each other - the members who contribute to this forum are not all attorneys. In fact, most members of this forum are NOT attorneys. They are people much like you except they happen to have a working knowledge of the law, through their education, their jobs, their personal experiences.

It is also important to remember that members can only base their advice on what is provided by a poster in the way of facts. If facts are missing or skewed, the advice will not be of as much help to a poster.

Every poster needs to seek out personal attention from an attorney licensed to practice in their own jurisdiction for legal advice specific to their needs. This is true whether the poster receives advice from an attorney-member of this forum or from a non-attorney member of this forum.

Your thread really has nothing to do with legal ethics or lawyer malpractice. :)

Last edited:

quincy

I am afraid many posters are quick to criticize forum members and not so quick to see how their own posts might have elicited some of the critical responses they received.

Nice often begets nice.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I really didn't care to read about her and Bill and Bob again. Most of that was pretty pointless.

Sorry, I guess I'm just not being nice today.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">