• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ETS Date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

afwife

What is the name of your state?Kansas
My husband was court martialed Aug. 25, 2005. His seperation date was originally May 18, 2005 but they extended it thru Aug. 18 and then another month thru Sept. 18 to get thru the court martial. They say there's no way around all his pay and allowances stopping Sept. 18 due to his ETS. Is there anyway around this. I am a stay at home mother of a 5 yr old and 1 yr old about to be homeless w/o pay and multiple bills to pay including a $400 car payment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

afwife

Really?

I do plan to get a job but I have to have a car and can not pay for car and child care. Also would not be able to get what we owe out of the car if I sold it.

And what was the result of the court-martial? What sentence, if any, was imposed? I assume he was found guilty or he could just reenlist--problem solved. Normally when a military member is administratively extended beyond his contractual obligation for a specific purpose (court-martial, medical care, etc), once the purpose is complete, he is separated unless eligible to reenlist or extend for further military service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">