• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evading Police - lost as what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lex23

What is the name of your state? California

Hi everyone. I have no idea what should be done next and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. The night before last my 18 year old brother was taken into jail for evading the police. He was terrified to pull over fear of being shot so he got away and later the police ran the plates and picked him up from home. Do we get a lawyer or is it not needed since he obviously fled? This is his first offense. Thank you.

quincy

What is the name of your state? California

Hi everyone. I have no idea what should be done next and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. The night before last my 18 year old brother was taken into jail for evading the police. He was terrified to pull over fear of being shot so he got away and later the police ran the plates and picked him up from home. Do we get a lawyer or is it not needed since he obviously fled? This is his first offense. Thank you.
Your brother needs an attorney.

The circumstances that led to your brother fleeing from police in the first place should be discussed with his attorney. What he says to his attorney will be held in confidence. What he says to others (including you, friends, the police...) can be used against him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">