• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Everquest, Fraud, I need help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ravenblade

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

This is a very complex problem I find myself in. I am not even sure if anyone will have knowldge of all the factors to help, but as is I will give it a try.

Evequest 101: Everquest is an online game were people from all over the world play ficitonal characters, powerleveling is taking a higher level character working up a lower level character. Plat is a common word used to refer to Platium a currancy in the evequest game. These characters and platium are regluary sold on online auctions.

I do want to state that this once not an auction but just a verbal ageement that we came to via e-mail.

Around three weeks ago an agreement was made between me and another person to powerlevel some of his characters. The agreement stated that I would use one everquest account he provieded to powerlevel two additonal accounts for him. While there was some bumps along the way but things seemed to be going along just fine when I got an telephone call and e-mail accusing me of taking 96k worth of plat(I would like to say that some people would pay upwards to $300-500 for this amount of plat but much like collectibles the vaule is person to person) off one of his characters. He accused me of fraud and said that because he belives the vaule of the plat to be worth more then $500 its a felony. I of course DID NOT take this plat, but at the same time I am afraid that I will somehow be charged with a crime I did not commit. If I had the plat are money to reimburse him I would just to make this headache go away.

I guess my question is does anyone know weather are not he has a fraud complaint, what does he have to prove. Will I have to go to court if I am charged with fraud. Most importantly who deciedes the vaule of the plat he says its worth $500 to him, I have seen it sale for much much less then that and could not see myself paying that much at all. Lastly what about my efforts I put into powerleveling his characters, do I have any legal claim to collect on the work I did.

Any help would be great as I will not lie I am kinda of nevrous, he says he has done this before, I cant help but feel like I am the one getting scammed, and the person not only had to pay for the missing items but was fined $2000.

Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">