• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction Help Needed ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ltheobald

Nevada, Clark County

I shared a lease with a previous boyfriend. The situation became a domestic dispute and I had no options but to leave from the apt. I moved back to California where I had moved from a few months prior. I tried every avenue with my landlady to either remove myself from the lease (which she said i couldn't do without the other leasee agreeing/signing...which he wouldn't), or whatever needed to be done. I was unable to get off the lease, although i did quit my job with less than two weeks notice and moved out of state. I let my landlady know the situation (the police had already been called once) and told her that any problems arise, i.e. failure of rent being paid, to please contact me at once, and gave her my number that i always have with me. I gave her my number more than once, as it is also on my lease application. I never rec'd a call when rent was unpaid for the month, nor when the eviction notice was served, nor when the unit was locked. now, there is a summary evicition judgment against me, when technically, considering the circumstances, i was never notified. i want to know if i have any means to stand on in terms of appealing or going to court to get my name taken off of the eviction? i have full intention (with some cooperation from the landlady) to pay the rent owed/cancellation fees, whatever is necessary...but i don't want this to affect my credit. Please help...as i'm sure i'm running out of time to do anything, not to mention i live in los angeles. Thank you in advance and god bless.

BelizeBreeze

nope, you signed the lease and then booked....the landlady is not a party to your domestic problems and it's not up to her to pay the price. YOU BOTH are liable for the lease. And if he doesn't pay, you get to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">