• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eviction in texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i live in texas, my daughter who was living in my trailer next door, she let her friend move in because she was getting evicted. my daughter moved out because her friend pretty much took over the place, lot of people coming and going all hours of the night. now what needs be done to get her out. no lease was signed she has not giving me any money and now she has the elec. put her name.she wont leave saying it will take awhile for me to legally get her out.

thank you


Senior Member
You have two choices, one is simple and MIGHT work, the other is more complex and will work.

1) Simply, she is living there without legal rights (no lease and no ownership). Call the local PD or sheriff and see if they can force her out for 'trespassing' or 'criminal trespass'. Problem is that even though she has no legal rights, she was 'invited' and, surprisingly, that fact does give her a position. The PD or sheriff may or may not handle it.

2) Place an order to vacate on the premises (see Texas Statutes below) giving 3 days for them to vacate.

Contact your local JP and tell them you need to file a "Forced Entry and Detainer Suit" against an occupant without lease who refuses to vacate. They will advise you what needs to be done and how to do it.
Related sites:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential