• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mommie_first1

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

Landlord accepted partial rent payment in November. December 6th a notice was sent via constable for a court date for eviction based on non payment of rent. Is that the legal process. I thought that partial payment acceptance validated the original lease agreement.

Is this correct. I am paying the monies next week...if the landlord accepts the payment, what about eviciton

FarmerJ

Your LL wants to be paid and in some places LLs can start evictions even with partial payments . So if you dont pay any more make sure to take your money to court with you if you really want to stay that bad and make sure you have your january rent too .

HomeGuru

mommie_first1 said:
What is the name of your state? Mississippi

Landlord accepted partial rent payment in November. December 6th a notice was sent via constable for a court date for eviction based on non payment of rent. Is that the legal process. I thought that partial payment acceptance validated the original lease agreement.

Is this correct. I am paying the monies next week...if the landlord accepts the payment, what about eviciton

**A: no, full payment per the lease terms validates the lease agreement. If L accepts the payment, L can dismiss the eviction action or proceed if your lease was terminated due to non-payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">