• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PALADY

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

My landlord just filed an eviction notice on me w/o a 10 day notice to quit. in the papers he says that under the terms of my lease there is no notice required. my landlord is very shady and i think this is illegal. i have looked over my lese and see nothing that says no notice required. now it is a section 8 lease that i signed and it says after the year term it continues on a month to month basis. but thats not till february. my lease says:

4. a lawful continuance of tenancy beyond said term shell be deemed a renewal therefore for the further term momth to month to end the expiration thereof without further notice. and every further lawful continuance shall be deemed a further renewal for a like term, to end in like manner. and every such renewal shall be subject to provisions of this lease.

thats the only think i see about ending the lease. also when i first moved in I was on sec 8 but then i was vut off of it cause i started making too much money to qualify and i never signed another lease i still ahve the one under sec 8. does that make a difference? also please no ignorent or condensending comments like i see somepeople giving. i just wanna know if this is legal or not. i have alraedy found an apartment and is leaving this hell hole anyways at the end of the week so the eviction really doesn't matter i am just tired of this horrible landlord that has called me 3 times a day at work at home and has even showed up at my job asking about his rent money yet doesn't wanna fix anything or when my toilet tank burst and i wasn't home never notified me and i came home to a carpet wet w/ toilet water and what ever was in the pipes. then there was supposedly a note i never received that said dont use the toilet until saturday afternoon when maintenece will come and fix it. the toilet burst friday morning. i know that cant be legal. but anyways i really hope the eviction is illegal so i can sue him for being a horrible landlord and donate the money to some charity that can use it. but anyways if anyone can give me a yes or a no i will really appreciate it.

FarmerJ

Your original lease switching you to a month to month tenant now at the end of the lease is what stands . Is your LL claiming you broke the lease ? If not you need to be given proper notice according to your states law for a month to month renter If you didnt get proper notice your LL will have a hellof a time showing any judge why you should be evicted if he got the notice wrong . take the time to search using search engine on your states name and the words landlord & tenant . good luck to you in your new place .

HomeGuru

PALADY said:
What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

My landlord just filed an eviction notice on me w/o a 10 day notice to quit. in the papers he says that under the terms of my lease there is no notice required. my landlord is very shady and i think this is illegal. i have looked over my lese and see nothing that says no notice required. now it is a section 8 lease that i signed and it says after the year term it continues on a month to month basis. but thats not till february. my lease says:

4. a lawful continuance of tenancy beyond said term shell be deemed a renewal therefore for the further term momth to month to end the expiration thereof without further notice. and every further lawful continuance shall be deemed a further renewal for a like term, to end in like manner. and every such renewal shall be subject to provisions of this lease.

thats the only think i see about ending the lease. also when i first moved in I was on sec 8 but then i was vut off of it cause i started making too much money to qualify and i never signed another lease i still ahve the one under sec 8. does that make a difference? also please no ignorent or condensending comments like i see somepeople giving. i just wanna know if this is legal or not. i have alraedy found an apartment and is leaving this hell hole anyways at the end of the week so the eviction really doesn't matter i am just tired of this horrible landlord that has called me 3 times a day at work at home and has even showed up at my job asking about his rent money yet doesn't wanna fix anything or when my toilet tank burst and i wasn't home never notified me and i came home to a carpet wet w/ toilet water and what ever was in the pipes. then there was supposedly a note i never received that said dont use the toilet until saturday afternoon when maintenece will come and fix it. the toilet burst friday morning. i know that cant be legal. but anyways i really hope the eviction is illegal so i can sue him for being a horrible landlord and donate the money to some charity that can use it. but anyways if anyone can give me a yes or a no i will really appreciate it.
**A: what is your main point here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">