• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bertshannon

I live in the state of Michigan and I have been running a business in a leased building for the past four years. Initially, I had a year lease and then went month to month. Yesterday the landlord asked me to be out in two weeks. Is this legal? Or should I receive a 30 day written notice? Thank you.

HomeGuru

What does you lease state? Commercial leases for the most part do not fall under the same residential L/T laws.

Taking the law into ones own hands

In Illinois, landlords cannot take the law into their own hands. What that means, is that even if the tenancy has ended, in order to oust the tenant if the tenant does not voluntarily vacate, the landlord must file an eviction law suit and go to court.

I have many clients who, when they get a five-day notice in Illinois for non-payment of rent (and if they have, indeed, not paid the rent), they think they must move at the end of the five days....and that is not correct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">