• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dando

I lived in the same rented house for three years. I received a notice stating that they would not be renewing my lease. This was fine with us so we found a new place. While moving we were did not pay the rent. We were evicted however we were not given a notice of the eviction from the court or the office. We were called one day at our new house, while getting ready to pick up another load from the old house and told that the landlord was removing our things
so we rushed over to find that not only were they removing our things But they were destroying them. They threw all of my things that they didn't want into the dumpsters at their discretion. Is it legal for them to remove my things without a Sherrif present, and to just steal and destroy my belongings? Don't they have to put my things where I can at least try to retrieve them myself?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">