• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Patcuprek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

We lived with my parents for the past 7 months, before I filed for divorce.
When I confronted her, she left the premises abruptly. She has since come back for 4 car loads of her belongings.
Now that my parents want the rest of her stuff out of their garage. They told her to remove it within the next week. Now she is advising them that there is a possible eviction lawsuit being reviewed by her lawyer.

1. We only paid $100.00 towards utilities, no rent.
2. She left 24 days ago. Do my parents now have to wait or can they remove her belongs?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

We lived with my parents for the past 7 months, before I filed for divorce.
When I confronted her, she left the premises abruptly. She has since come back for 4 car loads of her belongings.
Now that my parents want the rest of her stuff out of their garage. They told her to remove it within the next week. Now she is advising them that there is a possible eviction lawsuit being reviewed by her lawyer.

1. We only paid $100.00 towards utilities, no rent.
2. She left 24 days ago. Do my parents now have to wait or can they remove her belongs?
**A: they have to wait and they should read the abandoned property laws of CA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">