• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Need info on Colorado eviction process.

My nine year old daughter and i have rented a house in Denver for more than seven years. the housing market
has recently boomed. my landlord called me on april 19th to say that he wants us out by the end of may so that he can start to fix the house up to get it ready to sell. we are on a month-to-month lease. i asked him to let us stay until the end of july. i'm unemployed, looking for a job and have no money. we are up to date on rent and a friend is going to lend me the money to pay this month's rent. i tried to talk to the landlords, their response is don't lay that guilt trip on us. I need to know what the eviction process is and how long it takes. also, what are my responsibilities ie: lawn mowing (this is not in the lease).
Are there any resources for tenants - like someone who could be an advocate for me and talk to the landlords to try to work out a compromise. I think it could be to their advantage to let us stay 2 months longer. We could do landscaping, fix some things in the house. Please help


mary hartman

I got a better IDEA.....pack up all your junk and valuables sell it on http://www.ebay.com to raise some CASHOLA!!!!

And NEXT time you will be a better father and ALWAYS have a lease...geez with a kid no less....

[Edited by mary hartman on 05-03-2001 at 09:02 PM]


Don't stay and wait to be evicted.

Besides that being a very unhappy experience, it will be on your record and may make it impossible for you to rent anywhere else.

If you think that there are advantages to the landlord if you were to stay for a few months, then try to convince the landlord of that. Check if there is any rent control in your area, which may include some housing mediation. Also check state dept of housng. Also, see if small claims court has some ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) mediation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential