• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evidence Used In Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aleayh01

What is the name of your state? GA

Hi everyone,

Can text messages and email be used in court as evidence of harrassment from ex?

Zephyr

could be? yes

many things could effect that though, will his attorney demand any sort of authentication and can you prove it was your ex that sent the messages (not just that they came from his phone)

the judge has discretion to allow or not allow evidence......

wileybunch

My husband did, but he also kept very good records of their communications, transcribed voice mails that were on .wav files that were available, but judge never asked for them, he believed the transcripts, and his attorney only selectively included things in his motion as it was so I think looking at the whole of the exhibits, there wasn't any reason to think anything was manufactured, the nature of his ex's communications were always a certain way. The text messages were forwarded to an email account to print off. I'm not saying this means in your case your judge will feel the same way, just sharing an experience and we never had to have a trial on this, either, only a motion and a follow up appearance b/c the other party agreed to a settlement.

aleayh01

another question

another question can my ex put our son on his insurance if the policy is in his wife's name and he is listed under her insurance?

2Mistakes

another question can my ex put our son on his insurance if the policy is in his wife's name and he is listed under her insurance?
Sure, if the insurance co. allows it. My step-daughter has been on my health insurance for 3 years. My co. allows step-children to be covered.

I dont want a judge to order it but I was just curious because I didnt know if insurance companies allow that if the child is not the wife's child

2Mistakes

In the OP's case, it is the wife of the NCP. It's an insurance thing, but I have a feeling that it won't fly.
True, true. I didn't even think about that. I still have a feeling that it will depend on what the insurance co. says, though.

Three years ago, my children lived with my ex-wife, and my wife (their step-mom) was able to carry them on her insurance.

I don't think there is a cut-and-dried answer to this question. Each ins. co. has their own rules and policies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">