• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evil Stepmother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

We are getting him into therapy. My wife and I have given him a safe and trusting space.
I don't know how to go about reporting this without his father getting in trouble.
I don't know how much his father really knew. I think he blindly listened to whatever lies his common law wife told him.
Please have the mother of this child join so I can ask her questions. Please tell her to use her own user name. Thank You...

Just Blue

We are getting him into therapy. My wife and I have given him a safe and trusting space.
I don't know how to go about reporting this without his father getting in trouble.
I don't know how much his father really knew. I think he blindly listened to whatever lies his common law wife told him.
If what your son told you is true then his father neglected him. How the fallout from that neglect hurts Dad should be the least of your concerns.

PayrollHRGuy

Getting his father in trouble should not have been your primary concern. And the fact that you did nothing to stop in six years certainly puts your ability to parent into question.

Ninjaboi

I was staying with them in June of last year because I am severely disabled and was not expected to live very long. For many years I was unable to take care of him myself. If I ever said a word against anything that my son's father or stepmom did I was threatened with be kicked out and never being allowed to see my child.
In June of last year they made good on that promise and dropped me off on the streets of downtown Denver.
I found a wonderful woman and married her. She's a veteran and we used every resource and charity we could to get housed. We moved in December 8th 2017 and got my son in May.

Ninjaboi

It wasn't as bad as the last few years. I did what I could to stop it and to help.
Please don't judge.
I have heart disease that nearly killed me. My pacer was put in when I was 35. And I have spent the last 7 years going through 19 surgeries and dozens of hospitalisation.

Ninjaboi

I was there off and on. I was too sick to care for myself and am not supposed to live alone. I protected him to the best of my ability while I was there.
I have no family, no money, and severe health issues. I didn't know what to do.
At least I'm doing something now! You shouldn't say things like that if you don't know everything?
So you were there as well for 5 of the 6 years. I'm glad you are getting you life together but you have allowed your child be abused.

PayrollHRGuy

I was there off and on. I was too sick to care for myself and am not supposed to live alone. I protected him to the best of my ability while I was there.
At least I'm doing something now! You shouldn't say things like that if you don't know everything?
Were you too disabled to phone the police?

Ninjaboi

I was never married to my son's father and to my knowledge he never directly abused his child.
He did treat our son poorly so that he could pamper his daughters.

Just Blue

Ninjaboi...We can only comment on the info you are providing. Thus far what you have stated is that you were living in the same home and were aware of the abuse and did nothing as you didn't want to lose your place there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">