• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-boyfriend wants stuff after 3 years-all not his

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dragonflier

My ex-boyfriend & I have been split up for over three years and have a child together. He has visitation but does not pay child support even though he has a good job. We live in CA. He visited us last nite and asked for items in my possession. Some of these items I wish to return to him, but I don't know how. Other items we both want. Do I have any legal say over what he can have and what he can't? He had plenty of opportunities over the last three years to request these items, and in fact, came over on three seperate occasions and picked up things. While he was picking up his things, he also took several things we owned together and some items I owned before we met without my knowledge or consent. Five additional times he told me he would come to pick up more and never showed. I told him after the fifth time he could not have any more without a court order. Was that legal? We have a long history which includes a restraining order(expired) against him for verbal and physical abuse and threats. Do I need a lawyer? How can I end this issue without reparcussions? Where do I stand legally?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dragonflier said:
My ex-boyfriend & I have been split up for over three years and have a child together. He has visitation but does not pay child support even though he has a good job. We live in CA. He visited us last nite and asked for items in my possession. Some of these items I wish to return to him, but I don't know how. Other items we both want. Do I have any legal say over what he can have and what he can't? He had plenty of opportunities over the last three years to request these items, and in fact, came over on three seperate occasions and picked up things. While he was picking up his things, he also took several things we owned together and some items I owned before we met without my knowledge or consent. Five additional times he told me he would come to pick up more and never showed. I told him after the fifth time he could not have any more without a court order. Was that legal? We have a long history which includes a restraining order(expired) against him for verbal and physical abuse and threats. Do I need a lawyer? How can I end this issue without reparcussions? Where do I stand legally?
My response:

You can end this whole matter by filing for Child Support, and suing him for an injunction from harassing you for personal property that has long since been abandoned by him.

Three years is way too long to start making claims. His Statute of Limitations is over with. And not paying child support is abominable. Get him to start paying support with a court order.

He should have left "well enough" along.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">