• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex boyfriend won't leave, doesn't pay rent and harasses me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jj213

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Ex boyfriend manipulated and begged me to move in with me as his family could no longer deal with his drinking and off behavior. I told him and them that I didn't want to be responsible for him however I caved as he told me it would be different if he loved with me.. fast forward 3 years of no jobs, less than $900 towards any and all bills, never paid rent, drinks and does drugs in my house, has stolen money from me, gropes me constantly and won't stop until I'm crying. Intentionally keeps me from sleeping when I'm the only one who has to go to work. He destroyed property that I'm responsible for (burn holes in carpet, windowsills, broken doors and windows, etc) and I have thousands of photos and audio recordings of his non-stop behavior. I'm at my wit's end. I work 60-70 hours weekly and feel like I'm losing mind. The lease is in my name only. I've asked him to leave and told him he is not welcome both verbally as well as in writing. He refuses. He's destroying my life and harasses me daily.. gropes me regardless of my crying and begging him to stop. I want him gone. What are my options? Do I have to go to a lawyer?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Ex boyfriend manipulated and begged me to move in with me as his family could no longer deal with his drinking and off behavior. I told him and them that I didn't want to be responsible for him however I caved as he told me it would be different if he loved with me.. fast forward 3 years of no jobs, less than $900 towards any and all bills, never paid rent, drinks and does drugs in my house, has stolen money from me, gropes me constantly and won't stop until I'm crying. Intentionally keeps me from sleeping when I'm the only one who has to go to work. He destroyed property that I'm responsible for (burn holes in carpet, windowsills, broken doors and windows, etc) and I have thousands of photos and audio recordings of his non-stop behavior. I'm at my wit's end. I work 60-70 hours weekly and feel like I'm losing mind. The lease is in my name only. I've asked him to leave and told him he is not welcome both verbally as well as in writing. He refuses. He's destroying my life and harasses me daily.. gropes me regardless of my crying and begging him to stop. I want him gone. What are my options? Do I have to go to a lawyer?
Between the damage and the unwanted sexual advances I think that you might have enough to get a restraining order. Otherwise, he is your subtenant and you would have to evict him. I suspect you would want a lawyer for that.

FarmerJ

Have you contacted a advocate for women who are in abusive relationships so you can get some help regarding reporting his abuse and to learn more about your states laws so it may not be harder or so scary getting a restraining order against him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">