• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Employer Billing 8 months after termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abbylanefamily

What is the name of your state? GA

I worked for a medical doctor, until being discharge in October 2007. Following discharge, I applied for and recieved unemployment compensation - the doctor appealed the Department of Labor decision twice and lost both times.

While I worked for the doctor - September 2007 - he performed a minor procedure at the end of the work day. He told me he would indicate on the time record that she is to be docked for the time of the procedure. This was an agreement of employee and doctor, which is often performed as professional courtesy. No further discussion was ever indicated and/or intiated by either party.

Last week, the first week in May of 2008, I received a medical bill from my former employer indicating that I was to pay 200 dollars for the September 2007 procedure.

The doctor was fully aware of the lack of insurance that his employees had and indicated that he took care of his work family. I was under no reason to expect this bill. Is there any justification that I can use to refuse to pay the erronious bill? Does he have any justification in expecting me to pay this invoice?

abbylanefamily

It was my procedure

The doctor, my employer, performed the medical procedure on me. He excised a cyst at the end of the work day. But there was no discussion of payment - traditional professional courtesy - and then sent a bill requesting 200 dollars eight months after I left his employment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">