• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-employer slandering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helpneededinnh

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire.
What legal recourse do I have against my previous employer for slandering my good name? He took over the business over 6 months ago and I told him I'd give it 6 months to see if it worked out and I felt it didn't so I gave him 3 weeks notice and now he is telling all my customers I was fired and I was terrible at what I did. What can I do to stop him from defaming my character?

Beth3

You can contact an attorney and have him/her send a "cease and desist" letter. That might do the trick. If it doesn't, then you'll have to have further discussion with the attorney to see if all the elements necessary to pursue a defamation suit exist.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
BTW, if it is his opinion that you were terrible at what you did, he is entitled under the law to say so, even if you do not agree.

BelizeBreeze

cbg said:
BTW, if it is his opinion that you were terrible at what you did, he is entitled under the law to say so, even if you do not agree.
Unfortunately, I agree. You should hear some of the TOTALLY UNTRUE things the women here say about me :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">