• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Employer Trying To Sue Me Over Paid Invoices

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SOSHY21

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

My situation is this; I was working at a salon that was all verbal agreements. When I started the agreement was that I get 50% of a service cost. Well my ex employer would give discounts to her family and other people she new. Well when I invoiced her, I would still take my 50% of the original price bc I never agreed to being paid less for her friends and other people she discounted.
Well 9 months went by of me invoicing her weekely, obviously showing that I was not taking the discounts on my 50%. Then a few weeks ago she says that her finances are low and went on to say that I was to take the hit on her discounts should have this intire time.. She admitted she doesn't have rules stating this and that she should have read her invioces b4 paying me and that she should have told me that in the begining, which she Never did!. Well I ended up quitting a few days after. I did, however, have a few of her friends come in after our conversation of me getting the less percentage and I just invoiced it that way bc I was leaving and I didn't object to it when stated in the days prior.
Anyhow, she is saying that she is going to sue me for fraud and stealing but I didn't do either and she is holdiong my last pay check. I kept all of my invoices but she has the payment slips. We never signed ANY contract of any sort as stated.

Now I found out my ex employer is telling other employess and clients that I stole hundreds of dollars from her and she fired me! Is there anything I can do about this?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">