• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex GF applying for RO for 3 text messages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dumbkid75

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado.

So my ex and I have been broken up for quite sometime. Originally we tried working it out and getting back together but it only ended in arguments. Anyway she blocked me from FB and her phone which I thought was all fine and well. She couldn't help herself and later unblocked me from everything and contacted me first. This resulted in us communicating further obviously and one night when I mistakenly became inebriated I called her and tried to work things out but I became very upset once I had learned she had kissed other guys since our breakup. I know she was fully single and stuff but I was drunk and not making good decisions.

Anyway I called her a slut whore and accused her of cheating while we were together. from there she re-blocked me, which again I was fine with. Then she reached out to me again on FB just a couple days ago. I apologized for my actions and then I blocked her but not before she told me she was going to file a RO against me. How can she do this when she broke the silence, twice? not to mention I don't even know where her parents house is! In the 6 months we dated I was never over there one time. Plus she goes to college at CSU and I am in Denver. One of the reasons we broke up is because I only came to see her like 3 times in that 6 months. It's pretty obvious I dont want anything to do with her anymore. So please help me out, do you think the courts will grant her RO?

Thanks,

-A Kid With Regret.

CdwJava

Can she show that you have threatened to harm her or her property in any way?

If all she has are three text messages, then I can't imagine that any order will be granted. But, you won't know what she alleges until after she files her affidavit with the court and you are served. She may NOT follow through with the threat.

So, do NOT contact her directly or indirectly (through social media, friends, acquaintances, internet forums, etc.) and just leave her be for now and forever. If you are served with papers requiring you to respond or attend court, consult legal counsel immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">